We had splendid time of down on Jolly's Green with the largest stack of home made cakes I have seen in a long time, so many hand grown seedlings and plants to swap we could have started our own nursery, as well as John Walter Esq. creating one off expressive face and arm painting, Ashley with eco masks, Anna B with her superb finger knitting and Anna S snapping away in an attempt to record the preceedings.
All in a huge success with 34 people attending over the course of the session 12noon - 3pm
- 11 live/workers on hand to make the session go well
- 13 local residents who came along to see what all the goings ons on the green was all about6 children accompanied their parents/carers and some of whom are going to get involved with Anna B's undercover arts project - ssshhhh, watch this space
- 2 folk came all the way from Bromley i.e. Anna S's Mum & Dad
- 1 friend of a live/worker's housemate came and get suitably roped in
- 1 secret gardener who has been leaving a trail of coriander plants across E14....
This figure does not count the selection of random passers by who were curious about what we were up to but a little too timid to come over and get stuck in
Oh well...there is always next time!!
An email message from attendee on the day;
thanks for the photos. Lovely!
thanks also for organising such a lovely day. Congratulations - hope you managed to spread the word about the gardening plans.
all best wishes,"